La Liga 2021/22: More trouble for Barcelona as striker Sergio Aguero ruled out for ten weeks

Aguero was signed on by Barcelona earlier this year after the striker became a free agent at the end of his contract with Manchester City.

La Liga 2021/22: More trouble for Barcelona as striker Sergio Aguero ruled out for ten weeks
Sergio Aguero (Source: Twitter)

La Liga club Barcelona has once found themselves in deep water as striker Sergio Aguero on Monday (August 9) was ruled out for ten weeks due to a right calf injury.

"Tests carried out on first-team player Kun Aguero have confirmed a right calf injury. He will be out around ten weeks," said FC Barcelona in an official statement.

Aguero was signed on by Barcelona earlier this year after the striker became a free agent at the end of his contract with Manchester City.

The 33-year-old had sat out 17 games for Manchester City during his final season at the Etihad Stadium. He had previously missed 24 matches in the 2019-20 season with muscle and knee complaints.

Earlier on Sunday, maverick striker Lionel Messi also bid adieu to Barcelona, bringing a close to his 21-year long stint with the La Liga club.

Messi was in tears on Sunday as he attended his final press conference as a Barcelona player to bid farewell to the Spanish club after 21 years. The maverick striker confirmed the end of his long association with FC Barcelona.

"This is very difficult, I was not prepared for this. Last year I was convinced to leave, but this year we were, my family and I wanted to continue here, in our house," Goal.com quoted Messi as saying.

"Today I have to say goodbye, I arrived very young at 13 years old, and after 21 years I am leaving with my wife and three children," he added.

Speaking further, Messi said: "I have no doubts after being away for several years, we will return because I promised my children."

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.